Smart Circle International DirecTV Scam

Aug 05, 2010
review #192599

Buyer beware!Do not sign up for DirecTV service from Smart Circle International posing as DirecTV representatives in Sam's Club.

They will charge you upfront for items that are FREE for new customers. They are pocketing 100% pure profit. They don't even report what you have paid to DirecTV. All new customers receive new equipment and installation for FREE, if Smart Circle International wants to charge you for it they are simply pocketing your money and not reporting your payment to DirecTV.

They are slick too, because you only have 24 hours to report the fraud. They also promise you services that you are not getting, but once you have signed up for a 24 month contract you are stuck and have to pay $20 for each month you cancelled your contract early. If you want DirecTV go to them directly.

Don't let someone sign you up and make you pay upfront.Please comment if you have been dupped by them too!

6524f00
0.9
Had an experience with Smart Circle International?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Jun 20 Syracuse, New York

Every negative comment on here is wrong. Our deal is way better than the one on directv.com. These people must have been with the wrong office or work for dish, cox, timewarner, etc.

Jun 20 Syracuse, New York

This article is a lie. If you need me to I will show you how so. I think someone else clears it up a bit though. The person who wrote this article is a liar. If I did that I would be fired but yet I'm the bad guy. Have a good day though. Gotta love the turn and burn too (down below). Perfect! I'm not brainwashed I'm just an American with ambition.

Chris Revere

Jun 20 Syracuse, New York

Don't let a few bad grapes spoil the bunch. Holistically we are honest hardworking people that help people that are being taken advantage of by their previous cable providers. I'm sick of people who lack common sense casting judgment. You earn your paycheck and if you can't do that get out. Management doesn't like having to work for your check if you choose not to produce. The money has to come from somewhere. And yes the retailers would never risk bad publicity if we were truly a detriment to their customers. A lot of this is just common sense. We are good people offering good products for a good deal. End of story.

Jun 20 Syracuse, New York

Our payscale is hourly or commission. If you aren't earning commission you are hurting the company. It only takes 4 offers agreed to to hit commission. This job is very easy if your coachable. If you can coach you're a diamond.

May 18

I actually work for the company now. And what really sucks is the "owner" is sleeping with one of the reps... she never works in thr stores, never gets apps either. The kicker is she still gets a check every week. I cant wait till I am offered another job, because I will quit in a heartbeat...

Mar 16

This is sad. This is really sad. It's brainwashing at its finest. All these people who stick up for SmartCircle and their little satellite companies have the same rebuttals: "If we're a scam, then why are we in (insert retail stores here)?" or "you couldn't make it because it's not for you". While the latter may ring true mostly, what most people don't realize is what really goes on behinds the scenes.
I worked for Core In-Store Solutions out of Charlotte, NC for a little over 2 months. I was suspicious of the company anyway, but I had recently graduated from college at the age of 25 and figured that finding a job in Charlotte would be my best chance to find a career being it's the largest city in the state and I came from a small town and smaller, more laid-back beach city in SE NC.
So after I had interviewed for another company similar to this that was a door-to-door sales job and turning that down, I interview for Core. Madison, who was the "HR" manager, invited me for an interview after "thoroughly" looking over my resume, which listed me as a recent grad and some courses I took within my major (Communication Studies) that would help with the art of selling. I drove the 3.5 hours to Charlotte, stayed overnight with my brother who also lives in the city, and I knew the whole "interview round" process, so I did the first round and second round within the same day. Obviously I was hired and had to construct a move from one side of the state to the other, and here is
... Show more

Chandler7768

Dec 13, 2013 Nashua, New Hampshire

I think its pathetic to see all these people who ,obviously couldn't sell,had no student mentality ,and a bad attitude complain about a company (smart circle)that actually lets you make what you deserve,so if you only made a few hundred bucks,that's all you were worth that week.I have never needed claw back but was informed by my promoting owner everything including pay structure,claw back,and the incentives.I got promoted and feel im better off now then I ever was.I get all my money that I earned and deserved for that week.Smart circle,thank you for the opportunity given to me,yes I said given cause I came in with no money and now have my own market,that I chose and am living my dream. Yall who are complaining are what we call with-drawers,you bleed a company of its hours,milk the clock and expect charity.SMART CIRCLE REPS ARE DEPOSITORS,THEY BRING MONEY INTO A COMPANY WORK HARD AND SAVE PEOPLE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.So grow a set ,clock in and be honest with yourself,most likely you are a loser,cant hold a job and you make your family struggle cause you have no drive,ambition,or goals you are able to meet!!!! JUICE BABY JUICE AND REMEMBER,YOUR GOALS IN LIFE ARE IN EQUAL PROPORTION TO YOUR EFFORTS,SO DO YOU DESERVE A RAISE FOR TODAYS EFFORTS???!!!

3 4 Reply
Screwed by chance

Aug 10, 2013 Kenosha, Wisconsin

I currently work for this company and feel ****** for still being here. Truth is I feel trapped, I quit my other job upon being hired by smart circle(duffus move). The pay is ***, the leadership is ***, and you will find yourself surrounded by idiots!!!! :upset

2 0 Reply
cheeses

Jul 24, 2013 El Paso, Texas

You need to read contract it shows that you will get charge if its necesary like ,if you dont have a cable they charge tou , its not a scam, dont be *** and read before you sing anything

Former employee

Mar 14, 2013 Traverse City, Michigan

I've heard a lot of stories about this company that were very similar to my experience. First of all smart circle is not a scam, it is simply not a very good job let alone a career. I just quit today after working there for two months because I just needed a few paychecks to get me through the rest of the winter. I will explain how this job works as simple as I can.

First of all, READ the contracts you are signing before you start working there. I did and I knew exactly what I was getting into and I definitely knew I was only planning on working there for a couple months. It is %100 commission due to the claw back policy. I'm sure they bank on young ignorant people not reading these documents because they do not explain the process to you unless you ask many many questions. I got a paycheck every week that was based on my performance in the past weeks so they are not scamming anyone.

The job I had was selling DirectTV in Menards. You walk around trying to solicit people into switching their TV service to directTV and you sound like a complete *** while you are doing this. While DirectTV is a good service and it is a good deal we were pitching, the same deal can be found online at directtv.com. We were told to use some misleading wording that didn't actually disclose the full truth about some things but I never did that. I sold plenty of packages by telling people the complete truth about how much they would save and what kind of
... Show more

DtV

Apr 14, 2013

People that get promoted as an owner start in the same place you did, I have been with this company for 6 years and it is all opportunity. You were probably just someone that didn't understand the claw-back and was always on hourly cause you couldn't see ***! If you are a small business owner and needed to work for someone that shows how successful you are at life! For goal oriented people that can actually sell and train people to sell, the opportunity is great. DTV pays smart circle tons of money, SMART CIRCLE make up 90% of new client ACT. Call DTV and ask them yourself chump. Just because it wasn't a career for you, doesn't mean there is no opportunity for anyone that is successful in life. Hundreds of people have been fully incorporated into business owners that are successful.. SO stop crying and find something better to do with your life rather then *** about what you couldn't make work for yourself!

Reality Check

Aug 19, 2013

You have been Misleading or Ignorant my friend. This world that we live in type up every major *** retailer or even business is *** up! Everything is a scam in this world I guess right??? Dental, Hospitals, Food Market, Gas station just everything. If you are a business owner, and you say that you made 400 dollars a week and you say that is easy? No....you suck at it making 400s a week and worry about claw back. Take a stroll to a car dealer ship or frys electronics every commision job has a claw back. This was not for you so don't complain and let people who can do it do it.

Jun 21

Same exact story... to the NINE. Cheers I feel you, getting out next week.

0 0 Reply
Ask DTV if you want to confirm

Mar 03, 2013

DirecTV DOES in fact charge for Shipping & Handling. This is a $19.95 charge. DirecTV is great at wording things. They say FREE INSTALLATION. Which is what you get. You do, however get charged the shipping & handling fee which is added on to your first month's bill if you sign up through DirecTV Corporate. Why in the WORLD would Smart Circle need to pocket money? Obviously, DirecTV already PAYS Smart Circle for getting business for them. Even when DirecTV offers the $29.99 deal, they say you get FOUR UPGRADES FREE. This is true because an upgrade constitutes the EQUIPMENT. That DOES NOT mean you get an HD/DVR in all four rooms FREE PER MONTH and only pay $29.99 for that. There are, of course, additional fees when you want HD, DVR, or HD/DVR. READ THE FINE PRINT. There is always a misconception about that. Do not be mad that you blew the business because you did not put the systems to work. Just like with DirecTV, this business is just NOT FOR EVERYONE.

1 1 Reply
Good 2 stay

Feb 23, 2013

This is a great company, they tell you in the very beginning that this job isn't for every one, I am 19 and been working for about two months and have been averaging about 900 a week, so to all you baby's out there who are crying cause you can't make a sale, quit blaming the company, it's not their falt you can't make a sale. TURN AND BURN!!!!!!!

2 1 Reply
Cam

May 17

Actually, I work with a dude who makes 8-10 sales a week. His name is Sean and that's about $1200-1500. It's a tough gig, but we preach compliance in this office meaning that we do our best to be completely upfront with people. I tell them the highest rates they can ever expect including taxes once the rates and promotions end (minus the $1.77 Utah charges for local programming). Of course, I mention this if they are curious. I've even had members come back thank me. :) I also ran into someone who signed up with us 4 years ago. All I ever try and do is help people. I even turn people away if it's not for them. I make about 5 hundo a week, but hopefully things will get better soon. I've only been in it for a month. Btw, the owner here drives a Mercedes. His name is Amol and we're with his own branch called Infinity Advertising Solutions. Look it up. Can't wait to go to Cancun this Winter with Management. :)

3 0 Reply
lol

Mar 29, 2013 Adelanto, California

$900 a week sure guy. Lol. Thats $1900 a week according to their high rep list. Your a tool. I bet you dont even work there anymore. Turn n burn is what your bank account is doing...

Turn and Burn!!!

Jun 11, 2013 Navarre, Florida

Yes. Finally someone who isn't *** and moaning. All these whiney sales reps on here make me sick. Read your paperwork. Everything is disclosed upfront. You all sound like the whiney customers who never read their new customer sales order worksheet. Someone actually talks about their success with the company instead of crying like you, and you attack them? Grow up. Most of you sales reps that can't cut it need to go work at mcdonalds or something. TURN AND BURN BABY!!!!!

trav

Jun 30, 2013

JUICE!!!!

Showing 1-20 of 177 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Smart Circle International.
Filing a new complaint about
×